Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones - Read-A-Long Tour: Chapter 22 Recap + Runes


Hey guys! Welcome to my stop on the TMI Read-A-Long Tour! I have not read this series in a while, but this Read-A-Long has reminded me why I love this series (and JACE) so much! I am so happy to be part of the tour!

Anyway, I've got a Chapter 22 recap, and I am so glad I got this chapter because OH MY GODS we find out really CRAZY things in this one!

But before we get to that, I've got a couple of Runes to show you as well:

Pretty cool, right?


Chapter 22 Recap-
(Warning: if you have not read this chapter yet...my recap contains major SPOILERS!)

So, after Luke tells his story, Clary finds out truth about her "father..." the guy in the pics was a fake and her real father is, wait for it, Valentine! You can imagine how upsetting this is for her, having a very evil dad who kidnapped Clary's mom, Jace, and now also has the freakin' Cup. So now Clary and Luke are looking for this evil bastard, and Clary figures he used the only other Portal in NY: Renwick's, which actually turns out to be an abandoned mental hospital.

Once they are there, the werewolves battle Forsaken on the way. And once inside, after wandering for a bit, Clary finally finds her mom (unresponsive and most likely under a spell) in one of the rooms. Blackwell then crashes the party as they try and find a way to free Jocelyn, and engages in a fight with Luke. Meanwhile Clary runs out into another room and runs into none other than Jace. *screams in delight!* Now that she found him, it almost seems like he's here willingly. Well, it turns out that he's found his father. But he's dead, you say. Nope. Are you ready for this...... we are left with the cliffhanger that......... Valentine is actually Jace's father as well. *Dun dun DUN!*


And don't forget that tomorrow is the last day of the tour where we will be recapping both Chapter 23 and the Epilogue + we'll be taking a look at some TMI merchandise! That will be held over at Ramblings of a Book Junkie.


What I want to know is, what did you think of this crazy chapter? How awesome is the book so far? Is Jace not swoon-worthy? Why in the world is Valentine such a psychopath? (in an insane asylum, no less...how ironic!) Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! And happy reading!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for being apart of the tour and sharing the runes! I loved your recap, very suspenseful :). Your blog has a very cute design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Happy to have been able to help! And yeah, I got a pretty suspenseful chapter ;)

      Delete