Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Random Reads: October 2014

Random Reads

Random Reads is a meme where we pick a random book from our shelf to read within the month.

My TBR mountain is out of control, so this meme is perfect to help me tackle it!!! It's a lot of fun, too! :D


My Random Reads for the month of September:

Intrigue (Night Muse #1) The Demigod Files (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)

The Percy Jackson book was awesome, as always ;) I really loved the short stories! Intrigue, while it was Greek mythology, I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would... not that it was bad! It was just an okay read.


This time around, for Random Reads, I decided to do something a little different. I realized that I keep starting and starting series and then... I don't finish them! That is NOT okay! Lol. So I went to Goodreads and created a shelf where I added all of the book from series I need to finish. I then generated a number using random.org and matched it up with the corresponding number on my shelf. So, this month the series I am finishing is...


The Body Finder series: The Last Echo (#3) and Dead Silence (#4) by Kimberly Derting

The Last Echo (The Body Finder, #3) Dead Silence (The Body Finder, #4)

I don't know why I haven't finished it yet since I LOVED the first two books! Anyway, I am very excited! I have book 3 from when I went to a signing, but I don't have book 4. I'll probably borrow it from the library if I don't buy it.


Let me know if you are joining this meme and/or if you have read any of these books! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, fun! This series caught my attention a couple years ago, but I haven't started it yet! It sounds fantastic! I hope these final books don't disappoint you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! Angie, you need to read it!! It is so great! And the concept is SO unique!! That is one of the things I love most about it! It's like nothing I've read before!! Violet's ability is just SO cool!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of that series before! -- but it looks pretty intriguing, so I'll consider reading it too. :)
    Also, I nominated you for the Ten Book Challenge! Details on my blog: http://thefavouriteslist.blogspot.com/2014/10/my-take-on-ten-book-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! Well, I'm glad you've found it through me, 'cause it's definitely great! I highly recommend it!!

      And thank you for the tag! I'll check out your post soon here! :)

      Delete