Monday, January 26, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (#49)


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey.


What I finished reading this past week:

The Crawling Darkness (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #3) The Haunting Season Clarity (Clarity, #1) Perception (Clarity, #2)

Oh my gosh, The Crawling Darkness was SO amazing, you guys!! This is the book that finally got me out of my out-of-control reading slump! It was so creepy and just... this is exactly what I look for in a horror novel! I love this series and I cannot wait to read the next book! Hopefully I'll get the review to this one out for you guys later this week. And because I was looking for more creepiness, I next started The Haunting Season... and it was a total miss =/ I was looking for something to scare the Hades out of me but this was just... ugh! It wasn't scary at all, there was no real plot to it till the very end and... ugh! I was majorly disappointed with this one. Granted, it's not the worst book I've read, but still...

With my mood for all things horror ruined (*sigh*), I went back to Clarity which was actually a re-read. And even though I have already read this one, the ending still managed to surprise me. I'm always amazed when a re-read manages to do that to me! It was great! Anyway, I re-read Clarity in preparation for Perception, the sequel to Clarity. I finally got around to it after months (read: years) of meaning to read it next! And it was awesome! After the bust with The Haunting Season, I totally fell in love with this one! I can always count on Kim Harrington to deliver and amazing read!


Up Next:

The Last Echo (The Body Finder, #3)

And continuing on with the theme of stalkers/murder/thrillers, I think I'm feeling like this one next. I have a ton of review books to get to, but considering I just got out of my reading slump, I'm gonna go with whatever I'm in the mood for right now. Pretty sure I'm finally going to be finish this series!


What are you reading this week??

No comments:

Post a Comment